Monday, July 2, 2012

28.12: 1Q84, by Haruki Murakami (2011 handcover)

This is a HUGE book, and I'm a little over half way finished. I'm posting the entry now to encourage me to finish it. (It's too big to travel with, so it's not the best choice for my summer-traveling schedule!) So far I like the book and Muakami's writing, and am deterred only by said bulk, so let me know what you think if you've read it. A bit of a pep talk--without spoilers, please-- will help to spur me on. If you decide to read it, I highly recommend the e-version or the paperback, which was recently released in a three-volume set.

7/30 update: I forgot to grab this off the nightstand before my recent travels, and I've yet to get back to it. I will resume my reading soon, however: I want to both see how it concludes and get the massive volume off my bedside table. 

I did finally finish this--sometime in September, I believe. Interesting but odd, and very Japanese, if that makes sense to you. I'll have to read another Murakami book before I decide whether or not I like him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment